What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Nishikori Withdraws From Estoril

Brexiter

Kei Nishikori withdrew from the Millennium Estoril Open on Tuesday, citing a right abductor injury.

"I am very disappointed to have to withdraw from Estoril. I came here early, took some days off and then had two very good days of practice," Nishikori said in a statement. "Yesterday, unfortunately, I stepped wrong and hurt my right abductor. We are doing checks and do not think it is serious, but unfortunately will not be ready to play a match in the next 48 hours.

"I wish Joao and the team a great tournament and hope to be able to come back here at some point in the future."

Sadly, Kei Nishikori had to withdrew from the Estoril Open after injuring his right abductor in yesterday's practice.

"I'm very disappointed. I came here early, had two great days of practice, but I stepped wrong and hurt my right abductor. I will not be ready to play in 48h". pic.twitter.com/6l3dAtC3oW

— Millennium #EstorilOpen (@EstorilOpen) April 27, 2021

Roberto Carballes Baena will replace Nishikori in the draw as a lucky loser and play two-time Grand Slam finalist Kevin Anderson in the second round.

Back