What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Musetti Sets Sights On Strong Week In Parma

Brexiter

Lorenzo Musetti is looking forward to continuing his recent run of fine form next week at the Emilia-Romagna Open in Parma.

"My goal is to continue to win matches and to try and go as far as I can in Parma and at Roland Garros," said Musetti, after he lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas 4-6, 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the Open Parc Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes Lyon semi-finals.

"During the clay season, I want to win as many matches as I can, and have good feelings each week. I played well in Rome [at the Internazionali BNL d'Italia]. I did well this week and I want to continue that confidence in Parma and then at Roland Garros. I think I will do well."

The 19-year-old #NextGenATP Italian is set to break into the Top 80 of the FedEx ATP Rankings for the first time on Monday after a run to his third ATP Tour semi-final (also 2020 Sardinia and 2021 Acapulco].

Musetti, who lost to Tsitsipas 6-1, 6-3 in the Abierto Mexicano Telcel presentado HSBC semi-finals in March, admitted he was happy with Saturday’s clash in France.

"It was a really good match," said Musetti. "I think I played my best tennis in the first set and the first game of the second set, then Stefanos increased the intensity and I was unable to maintain my level. I am still proud of what I did and I am happy.

"I was leading in the first set and it was a battle of crosscourt backhands, then the first one who got a forehand would win the point. For the first set-and-a-half I was doing well, then in the second half of the match he was better than me physically and he deserved the win today."

Musetti, who is now 12-7 in tour-level matches this year, also finished as runner-up in two ATP Tour Challenger Tour finals at Antalya (l. to Munar) and Biella (l. to Kwon).

Back